Miofiltr Breather valve

Any Technical Queries? This is the place to ask/give advice.
prop

Miofiltr Breather valve

Post by prop » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Does anyone know if there is a replacement for this valve?
I have two. One is absolutely useless so I took it apart and the diaphragm with the two little flaps has gone too hard to work. The other one I have passes a little. I have searched the Internet for the Miofiltr and can't find one they must be obsolete. Is anyone running without one or with it knowingly not working?
Attachments
clip_image001.gif
clip_image001.gif (49.4 KiB) Viewed 9474 times

r1076

Re: Miofiltr Breather valve

Post by r1076 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Mine is passing a bit. But very very little.

wanted: Radio, front speaker, heater cover panel and radio panel

for sale: Castrol Sticker

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 pm

i purchased one off ebay a couple of years ago as a spare. It is brand new but i don't know if the valves will go hard anyway with age.

I haven't come across any others since.
Do you think it is possible to make a rubber valve using the original as a pattern?

prop

Post by prop » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:17 am

It might be possible to make a diaphragm although difficult. I had to cut the valve I opened. That messd it up a bit.

I haven’t looked at this before as I am only now concentrating on the engine and ancillaries.
Thinking about it a little more. Because it is connected to the inlet manifold, when it is under vacuum the pipe to the inlet manifold is scavenging through the crankcase breather system creating slight vacuum in the crankcase.
If the valve passes a little, the difference in the vacuum in the crankcase should be minimal. If it passes a lot, then, when it is under vacuum it will try to pull air from the inlet pipe after the air filter, this will also be under vacuum so will probably balance itself out.
I am not to sure what noticeable effect this Miofilter valve passing will have, only that it could weaken the mixture at times and be a nightmare to set the mixture as it could vary greatly.
I know for performance it is not desirable to be putting oil vapour air into the fuel air mix. I think I might look at the possibility of blanking the system off and leaving it in place to look standard for an ERA and pipe to a catch tank.
Though doing that would loose the vacuum in the crankcase. :?

Of course this could be complete nonsense so comments please.