Body kit rubber seal

Any Technical Queries? This is the place to ask/give advice.
G96LUE

Re: Body kit rubber seal

Post by G96LUE » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Today i have had a letter from Nigel at Pheonix with another sample that he found in an odment box.
It is almost there, but just a little bit too big.
The upper section is about 1mm bigger and the lower piece is about 2-3mm too big.
He has sent a sample to a production company for a price, lets see what he comes back with.
I have dug out my only spare piece from my shed and i will send him a sample from it so he can see the difference.

Fingers crossed that it comes back cheaper than we are expecting.

I'll attach some pics when they get to my pc
Attachments
trim2.jpg
trim2.jpg (147.98 KiB) Viewed 12133 times
trim1.jpg
trim1.jpg (147.69 KiB) Viewed 12133 times

prop

Post by prop » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:01 am

I have a piece also.
The closest yet I think.
It just shows one has to persevere and not take, "no it cant be done" for an answer. I think the difficulty I have found is, that the suppliers I have contacted, and there have been a few, anything other than easy they don't want to know. Some very unhelpful.

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Hello All,

I have placed this note on the other 2 relevant threads too so people searching in the future should hopefully find the help they need.
We are currently going through the process of having some rubber arch trim re-manufactured.
We are about 4 - 5 weeks away (July 2011) from a sample being available for us to test.
As soon as it arrives i will be trying it on one of my arches and will post a pic if it is ok.

If you are interested in replacing the trim on your ERA, let me know and i will pass on our manufacturer/suppliers details when he has stock available.

All the best
Darren

prop

Post by prop » Tue May 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Success at last.
It has taken well over a year but we have got the body kit rubber trim remanufactured. There have been many problems in getting it right and it has to be manufactured in 4mtr lengths.
I am told this is due to the cooling of the product as it sets after it has been extruded. 4mtr lengths are the maximum length to allow it to set straight and unmarked. Possibly the reason it went out of manufacture in the first place.

I have to say that Kay and Nigel at Phoenix Supplies have been extremely helpful and without their perseverance on our behalf we would not have this trim available again. It is refreshing to find people that actually care about the service they offer. I for one will now always go to them for any trim I need in future.

Anyway it is available from Phoenix Supplies. They can be seen at many classic and one mark shows around the country http://www.phoenixtrims.co.uk/

product code is IRS 4961 EP

Cost is as of 8/5/12 £3.85 per metre x 4 metre length = £15.40 per length, they will also do a 2 metre length which will be £7.70 per length. Prices include vat. Post and packaging extra.
A sample will be sent by them if requested.

Well done Kay and Nigel

arrian

Post by arrian » Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Fantastic! I'll be ordering some when I've got some spare cash.

prop

Post by prop » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:51 pm

http://www.phoenixtrim.co.uk/Documents/ ... 202012.pdf
This link takes you directly to phoenix trim price list and website. The previous link wont work anymore