more bad luck

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
G96LUE

more bad luck

Post by G96LUE » Wed May 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Had fun and games ove the weekend.
took the turbo to himley hall. no problems on the way there, however about 2 miles from home a pipe blew off the oil cooler and proceeded to emply the entire contents of the sump all over the under side of the car, front brake discs tyres etc and was empty in 500 yards. 8O :(

luckily i spotted it prety much straight away (only doing about 35mph) and de clutched and coasted to a safe place to stop and it was still running so there was still fuel in the carb even though the fuel pump had stopped.
i was passing a Ford dealer at the time so went there to try and get oil after i re attached the pipe. unfortunately they were unable to get to their parts dept do a nice sales man drove me to a near by petrol station and back to the car.
doesnt seem to be any the worst for the moment, but will keep an eye on it.
need to get new pads though as they got well coverd with oil.
At least it wont rust for a while. :lol:
anyay, ttfn
Darren

dj clubby

Re: more bad luck

Post by dj clubby » Thu May 15, 2008 10:36 am

Sorry here about that darren

I could have been worse tho
GOT BOOST

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Thu May 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Could have been a lot worse.
i know i caught the engine in time, but i am a little worried about the turbo due to the speed they run at.
it was smoking a little when i got home and left it ticking over for a couple of mins but it might be the oil (texaco 10:40 semi synth). i will be giving it an oil change before i use it again and putting in some more millers (20:50 semi synth) racing oil that i have in my shead. it was due for a change now the engine is run in. the car must have thought so too.

i cant really understand why it happened. the jubilee clip was still tight on the pipe.

dj clubby

Post by dj clubby » Thu May 15, 2008 5:57 pm

It could have the pressure in the pipe blew it off
GOT BOOST

G96LUE

Post by G96LUE » Thu May 15, 2008 7:54 pm

may have been the pressure, but i am wondering if the hose needs 2 clips as it is not realy very flexible and i dont think it is moulding it self over the oil cooler connectors.