help r1007 at what price

Talk About Anything In Here Whether Its ERA Related Or Not Just Keep It Clean.
deanjr7

help r1007 at what price

Post by deanjr7 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:57 pm

hi everyone again as iam new to the the site i suppose i should of introduced myself and the car a bit better so here goes
it took me along time to get on this site as not being very glued up on computers as you can probably tell but thanks to my daughter i got there. also not glued upon the mini seen either apart from what this site provides so many thanks to the site organisers.anyway it mainly started when i got introduced to the site a few years ago i think by kris kay many thanks to you and the site admin for keeping me informed by email of mini related events just sorry for not being able to attend.it would be great for it to attend the imm 2009 that's the only reason forsale the only other option was the buy or hire a trailer
well any way just a bit about the car i brought it 15 years ago and i only achieved about 3000 miles the car is on 19000 miles now .era were the first owners they used it as there press dealers demo car which was one of the first pre production cars and they covered the first 13000 miles before passing it on to its first owner who purchased 3 of these for his collection g983ttm(r1007) also g982ttm(r1013) i was lucky enough to get number 7 . the car has never seen rain rust free untouched it has the original tyres exhaust its as close as you would get unless you buy new,it is by no means a bad example i also have all the books paperwork receipt of purchase all mint in its original binders i don't really wont to advertise it elsewhere as i would like it to got to someone off this site as i think they would appreciate the car more . as i don't know how to put a price on the car your help would be very much appreciated as i would like it fair on both parties to be happy. i have had a couple of offers so all help would be greatly appreciated before i decide what to do many thanks dean ps i don't think youll be disappointed

viper

Re: help r1007 at what price

Post by viper » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 pm

Its worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Sounds like a NICE MOTOR :) If its as good as you say, must be worth £6000 as a private seller. Few are available for more money from dealers however they are not sold.

Hope this helps

deanjr7

Post by deanjr7 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:45 am

hi there
SOUNDS FAIR TO ME

millermilla

Post by millermilla » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:15 pm

It's really not a good time to be selling a car at the moment especially a classic but in the current market £6K is a sensible price if you are serious about selling the car quickly. You could hold out for more money if and when the market improves but thats not going to be for a while yet. I have recently seen a couple of ERA's in probably not as good condition as yours for sale for £8K and £9K but the point is they remain unsold! As you know ERA's are very rare and if you find a serious buyer that wants an ERA you should get a good price, it's not like there are many to choose from. At £6000 I would say the car is a bargain but your market is still very limited so it's only a bargain to someone wanting an ERA. If it was me I would hold out until at least next summer and place some good adds in big mini mags. The fact that it's mini 50 next year should generate plenty of interest. Good luck!
Keith Miller

deanjr7

Post by deanjr7 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 am

hi millermilla.
thanks for your honest report your probably right not a great time at the moment , it wasn't necessary the money like i say more the right person so have no interest advertising elsewhere .i haven't known much about the car since I've owned it so all the help i can get from club members would be great, and research i am doing myself iam finding it very interesting. as i remember when i brought this they were kind of the norm if you know what i mean i had the privilege of siting in number 2 , 3 and 4 at the time .iam sifting through the paperwork at the moment for the first time in 15 years,. if anyone wants information ile be glad to help i have a letter from rob evans who owned number 37 he brought it new in December 1989 and wrote to all members a full page letter also a letter from graham smith managing director of ERA . it states there are 56 BRG and 1 HNA sound trivial but what was the reason for painting 1 different? just to add i thought if no luck with my car i would purchase number 6 (SOLD) i hope the person realises what a great piece of history he has brought into and wish all the best to r1006.this has been a great site for me learning all the time thanks for your reply millermilla no doubt i will probably here or see you in the future r1007